Hiring someone to provide coverage or edits on your screenplay is like having a seasoned scout navigate the vast terrain of the film industry for you. As the screenwriter, your screenplay is your brainchild, and sometimes, you’re too close to see the bigger picture. Hiring an expert brings a fresh set of eyes, offering insights and constructive feedback that could be the game-changer your script needs.
So, why should you hire me to help with your screenplay?
- Industry Insight: Ever feel like you’re navigating a labyrinth without a map? My insights can help tailor your screenplay to align with current market trends, increasing its marketability.
- Objective Evaluation: Friends and family are great for support, but as a professional, I provide an unbiased, objective evaluation. I don’t sugarcoat or spare feelings; I provide honest, constructive criticism aimed at strengthening your script.
- Time and Efficiency: As a writer, time is your most precious resource. Instead of submitting your screenplay blindly and hoping for the best, a my review and edits can streamlines the process. I’ll save you time by providing a comprehensive analysis or edits, allowing you to refine your script efficiently.
- Polishing Potential: Coverage isn’t just about spotting weaknesses; it’s about uncovering the hidden gems too. I can not only highlight areas for improvement but also identify and celebrate the strengths in your screenplay, guiding you on how to maximize their impact.
- Increasing Market Viability: In the competitive world of screenwriting, having a polished, professionally evaluated screenplay elevates its market viability. Coverage services provide actionable suggestions that can transform your script into a standout contender, increasing its chances of catching the eye of industry professionals.
I will provide my overall impression of how the elements of your script came together. Usually, coverage contains some broad ideas for overall improvement and ways to achieve the changes necessary to polish your story/writing. This package addresses character, story, structure, dialogue, pacing, and marketability. You will be provided with 3-4 pages of single-spaced text describing the above points and tips on completing the rewrites.
$249 Turnaround time: approx. 1-2 weeks
This exhaustively thorough service hits all the major elements of writing a tight screenplay:
- Character wants/needs, distinct character voices
- Hero/antihero bonding and development
- Mechanics of proper transformation
- High-risk drama
- Increasing conflict and tension
- Steady flow
- Genre conventions
Includes a one-hour video consultation that covers:
- Clear identification of theme and how to create a matching structure
- Identification of specific problem areas in the major elements of the story
- Concrete strategies for overcoming blocks in your writing process
- Analysis of comparable movies to show how discussed principles work in other stories
- 5-6 pages of single-spaced typewritten notes that summarize the main points discussed and highlight key screenwriting principles.
$449 Turnaround time: approx. 2-3 weeks
Formatting only: $5/page
Line editing (includes formatting, no developmental work): $10/page
Please contact me directly for a quote to discuss your needs.
Pricing: $20/completed page
The above pricing requires the following items to get started:
- Character bible
- Setting descriptions
- Final intended page count/screen time estimate
For clients that do not have the above, there will be a one-hour video consultation to discuss a plan to create the above items before the screenplay can be started. My hourly rate is $40 per hour.
Please contact me to discuss your project.